George Clay Fire Company - 426 Ford Street West Conshohocken, PA 19428
610-828-6161 610-828-5920 (fax)
The “Ladies Auxiliary” of the George Clay Fire Company was organized on
July 2, 1912. At that time, the sole purpose of the Ladies Auxiliary was to
support the Fire Company. On October 7, 1914, the Ladies Auxiliary held
their First Annual Banquet at the firehouse. And in 2020, the Auxiliary
sponsored their 108 th Annual Banquet.
Today the Auxiliary, as it is now called, remains an active part of the Fire
Company and the Community. The Auxiliary has successfully raised funds
through their industrious efforts with the Pancake Breakfasts (with Santa
Claus and the Easter Bunny), Lunches at the Montgomery County Fire
Academy, and Spaghetti Dinner events. The Auxiliary has recently
introduced a variety of new events such as Bingo, Flea Markets, Ice Cream
Socials, Beef and Beer Night, Spring Flower Sales, Cutlery Sales, Gift
Baskets, and Bake Sales. The Snow Man Poop and Reindeer Food are a
huge hit! The money that is raised at these events is given to the fire
company to help serve and protect the community.
A less know fact about the Auxiliary is that its members are also full
members of the George Clay Fire Company. They often participate in
community events such as National Night Out, Fire Prevention Night,
Conshohocken Community Day, St. Patrick’s Day Parade, and Bucket
Brigades. In the past, the Auxiliary competed in different parades including
the Pennsylvania State Firefighters Convention and have won several
trophies over the years.
The Auxiliary is always growing and always looking for new ideas and new
members. With an active members list of sixteen (16), these women and
men dedicate their time, their minds, and their strength to serve the
community of West Conshohocken.
As it is often said, “The Auxiliary isn’t just for ladies anymore! Come join us
and help serve your community!”
For more information contact: